Sunday, March 22, 2015

Painting the Roses Red

They say spring is here, but I have a hard time believing it..Here in Athens the weather has a different opinion! It's a little cold for the season and at times it tends to be cloudy..So I decided I had enough of that and wanted to bring spring back..And where else? My nails of course!

A few days ago during a class at nail school, our teacher showed us different types of easy yet eye-catching patterns. I instantly fell in love with this vintage floral design and so I had to recreate it and share it with you. It's too beautiful to keep it all for myself!!

For this design I used a black polish for the backround and the rest is all acrylic paint. I started off with white and red paint for the flower shapes and put in the details with those same colors and pink as well. I added some green leaves and to finish the pattern I used some light blue to make tiny daisies and a little bit of yellow for the dots inside. Finally, I sealed it with a fast drying topcoat to protect the acrylic paint from coming off and of course to make them nice and shiny!

I really love this and I can't wait to try it in more color combinations!! If you have any suggestions feel free to leave comments. :)





Polishes used:

Orly Bonder Rubberized Basecoat
Orly - Liquid Vinyl
Orly Sec 'N Dry Quick-Dry Topcoat

No comments:

Post a Comment