Thursday, February 26, 2015

OPI Do You Have this Color in Stock-holm? Swatch

If you asked me which color from the mini Nordic Collection is the most eye-catching to me, I would say that "Do You Have this Color in Stock-holm?"is the one. It's a creamy blue-violet polish which is dark, rich and vibrant at the same time. It might not sound right but when you see it, you will probably understand what I mean.

I found it a bit hard to capture the color in the pictures properly. Somehow it either leaned more on the blue side or on the purple side, but I did my best to be as accurate as possible. I expected the formula to be similar to "My Dogsled is a Hybrid", but it was a lot trickier to apply. The first coat came out very streaky and patchy and for a moment I'll admit I was disappointed, but magically with the second coat everything was evenly covered up. So it's not really that bad since it looks perfect in the end, but it might be negative for some. Also, I tried it on top of different basecoats and found that it applies much better on top of a more satin or matte basecoat than on a shiny one, where the polish seems to slide off the base. Actually with a matte-ish basecoat the first coat doesn't apply streaky at all! And I really do prefer these kind of basecoats in general.

Honestly, I really love this color and I would like to get it in full size as well. I hope you found this to be helpful. Tell me if you like this polish. And if you already have it, I'd love to see if you had the same opinion about the formula and the application. :)





Polishes used:

Orly Bonder Rubberized Basecoat
OPI - Do You Have this Color in Stock-holm?
Orly Sec 'N Dry Quick-Dry Topcoat

No comments:

Post a Comment