Saturday, January 10, 2015

The Heart Wants What It Wants | Negative Space Design

I've been flirting with the idea of doing negative space nail art for such a long time, but I never had the courage to try it. Or maybe I just didn't have the right inspiration. I don't know! Anyway, lately I've been obsessed with "The Heart Wants What It Wants" by Selena Gomez and while I was watching the video, it hit me!!! Her outfit was exactly what I needed for a negative space design. On to the outfit...

As you can see in the pictures below, in the video she's wearing a black see through top with a beautiful bralette underneath and some killer statement earrings. So, inspired by her clothes, I decided to do some black negative space on my thumb, index and pinky. I used a sheer white polish on them as a base to neutralise the color of my nails as they were a bit stained and then painted the design with a black polish. I did the front part of the outfit on the thumb and index finger and the back part on my pinky. On my middle finger I painted the shape of her earring, on a black base and finally I applied a silver glitter polish on my ring finger with a sponge to add a more glamorous touch!


Now, I had to do some research to find out if the earrings were silver or gold, since the video is black & white and they turned out to be gold. But somehow silver just seamed right and I went with that instead...

I was really nervous about how this design would turn out, since it was my first attempt at something like this, but I'm really happy with it! What do you think? Feel free to leave comments. :)







Polishes used:

Orly Bonder Basecoat
Orly - Sheer Beauty
Orly - Liquid Vinyl
H&M - Silver
H&M - Jo is in the House
Orly Sec 'N Dry Quick-Dry Topcoat

No comments:

Post a Comment